DateMarch 14, 2019
Weddings can be down right overwhelming! I have couples often ask what information they should include in their wedding invitation suites. So to help make this process easier for couples here are some ideas on things to consider including. Of course this will depend on your venue ( are you getting married and having reception at the same place? Is it a destination wedding? etc.) , and your guests ( are they pretty tech savvy and will check a wedding website or not so much?)
Here are some ideas of info to consider including:
The basics must-haves:
- who is getting married
- ceremony location
- is there a reception to follow?
- when do you want people to rsvp by?
Ideas to include in the details:
- Your wedding website
- Your wedding hashtag
- Dress code (cocktail attire, black tie option, black tie, letting people know if it is an outdoor venue to dress accordingly)
- Directions to ceremony and/or reception (you can even do this by including a cute custom map)
- Parking or transportation info (shuttles etc)
- Accommodation info (locations, room blocks and deadlines, contact info etc)
- if it is an “Adult Only” reception
- if you are offering child care
- welcome reception or farewell brunch info if you are having one
What you choose to include beyond the “must have” details is up to you but don’t be afraid to individualize it for you and your guests.